I didn’t have a specific plan in mind when I purchased the remnants (I basically bought all of the loudest patterns and colours), so when I came to cut-out my fabric I had a lot of clashing colours and patterns! I constructed the Karri bodice and skirt sections separately, but decided that they looked mismatched when placed together. So I attached a waistband to the skirt section to make this skirt, and bought a plainer fabric to finish the dress.
These Malhia Kent remnants are loosely woven and liable to catch so this might not be the most robust skirt, but I love how it looks. It’s also quite heavy so has a tendency to slip to my hips when I’ve been wearing it for a while. I’ll go back and stabilise the waistband to address that.
My Kari Dress out of the rest of the remnants just needs a lining added before it is ready to wear too; I got distracted by something more shiny than a lining, so need to return to it.