I was one of the pattern testers for what will be the first sewing pattern by Ready Ruthie, the Dolores Pocket Skirt. It’s a really cute design, and I’m looking forward to seeing it on sale soon. The skirt fit me without alteration, but I made one due to preference – I cut a big chunk off the bottom for an above-the-knee length as I prefer my skirts short.
I really like the piping detail on this pattern and the pockets are nice and roomy. My only pattern testing suggestions were to make some changes to the pattern & instruction PDFs to bring them more inline with the detail provided in other indie patterns. I’m excited to the see the finished pattern once Beth has had time to make any final tweaks.
The fabric I used is pretty special. This is the fabric I received from Joy at A Charm of Magpies (hence the name of the skirt) as part of the spring sewing swap. It’s a vintage fabric from Joy’s stash and has a lovely drape and weight.
I’m counting this as the sewing portion of my entry for the Outfit-Along hosted by Lladybird and Andi Satterlund. I am hoping to finish my Myrna cardigan as the knitting portion by the end of July deadline, but my Myrna only has one sleeve at the moment so time is looking a bit tight! Oh well you can’t sew/knit along every time!