Recently I made up a tailor’s ham and sausage using the free pattern by Kristiann Boos available from Tilly and the Buttons. I used some of a vintage fabric that I picked up (for £1) while in Brighton. Given that it is a vintage fabric and a little more delicate I stabilised it with interfacing before sewing it together.
In order to personalise it and make it more unique I printed an image on the front of each. I especially like the little pig.
I also put some of the fabric to use making peg bags. These are based roughly on a Cath Kidston pattern from the book Sew. I modified the pattern – using French seams around the edges of the bags for extra strength in place of bias binding.